The first ACCESS Summer School in 2023 will be hosted by the Mount Kenya University and will take place from 22nd – 26th of May 2023 in Thika, Kenya. The Summer School will explore issues around the topic “Beyond Classroom Experience in the Lenses of University–Industry Interaction” and will include activities like Keynote speeches, practical experience sharing, curriculum development discourse and interactive sessions among the participants.
The event is funded by DAAD with financial support from the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The intended Summer School themes will be the following:
- Key Note: „Overview of University-Industry Interaction in Kenya-Merits and Challenges in the 21st Century“
- Report: Service Learning experiences and Challenges from Partner Universities
- Round Table Discussion – Live TV: „Service-Learning Experiences: Challenges & Solutions in Kenya“
- Iterative Session 1: „Market Driven Curriculum: A Stakeholder Approach“
- Iterative Session 2: „Opportunities in the Digital Economy and the role of industry-Kenyan Perspective“
- Iterative Session 3: „Collaborations for Successful Service Learning – The Role of Alumni“
Panel Discussion – Live TV: „Innovation Ecosystem in Kenya-A panacea for unemployment among HEI Graduates“